Friday, January 9, 2009

Intro

Welcome to my new big fat Blog. I've toiled with starting my own blog for some time, I mean really, what could I possibly blog about that would be considered interesting to the 'average' reader? My wife already has a blog that keeps you blogging addicts up to date on our lives. No need to post the tra la la's and la dee da's of our lives here. And then it came to me the other night as I was tossing and turning with a wide spectrum of thoughts racing through my head. Thoughts such as comedy skits, commercials, screen plays, and more. What if I could harness these innovated and creative thoughts long enough to put them in print? I've tried out a few on my wife but she just doesn't seem to grasp the genius of, well, most of them. OK, all of them. For instance she just didn't 'get it' when I told her of my idea of having the peppermint patty company doing advertisements for The World Series of Poker. Just imagine those silver foil covers being replaced by foil designed to look like poker chips. They are about the same size, they stack just like chips, and to some they are just as valuable. Kids sitting around a poker table dressed to resemble the poker stars of today as they may have looked like when they were younger.......she didn't like the correlation. Oh yeah, I got a bunch of them. My brother must have the same 'gift' because he told me of an idea he had for Ford trucks. You know when the highway turns into 3 lanes because there is a steep incline coming up and there is a sign that says "Trucks Use Right 2 Lanes"? I think everyone knows it means 18 wheelers, but here is this macho guy in his Ford, Chevy, or whatever truck going 45 mph with all the big trucks while cars and the other truck competitors cruise by in the left lane proving his point that his is the only 'real' truck. Yeah, I think it may run in the family.

2 comments:

  1. Is this blog for guys or girls? Where is the golf and the BBQ's. The Plaid is pretty though...
    Scott T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post something new your blog is as bad as your golf!!!

    ReplyDelete